Below is a letter from a patient, of another practice, asking the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry for advice regarding same-day crowns.
Letter from a patient of another dental practice:
I have 4 same-day crowns that are 12 years old and I can’t find a dentist to replace them with porcelain veneers. I’ve been to 3 dentists, and each of them told me that veneers can’t be used on teeth that were restored with crowns. How can I get my same day crowns replaced? I never liked them and it’s very disappointing to know that I can’t get veneers. My crowns look horrible so I never smile. Am I stuck with crowns for the rest of my life? Thanks. Shannon
Shannon – Unfortunately, crowns cannot be replaced by porcelain veneers. However, when you choose the right cosmetic dentist crowns can create a beautiful smile you will love! The points below explain why crowns cannot be replaced with porcelain veneers:
- When teeth are prepared for same-day crowns, they are tapered to allow the crowns to fit over them.
- Porcelain veneers only cover the front of your teeth. The back of your natural teeth would be unprotected and vulnerable to bacteria and decay.
- Depending on the extent of the tapering, there may not be enough tooth structure left to bond porcelain veneers.
Same-Day Crowns from a Skilled Cosmetic Dentist
When porcelain restorations are placed by an artistic cosmetic dentist, you’ll love the results. Well-crafted same-day crowns have several advantages:
- A skilled cosmetic dentist will craft crowns that have the translucence and color of natural teeth.
- Your same-day crowns will be durable, fit comfortably, and feel like natural teeth.
- A dentist who is skilled with the technology can replace your crowns in a single visit.
For the longest-lasting and most aesthetically pleasing results, we suggest that you schedule a consultation with an accredited cosmetic dentist. Ask to see before-and-after pictures of the dentist’s same-day crown cases. It will help you choose a provider who will give you beautiful results.
Call our office to schedule your in-office consultation (404-994-6996).
Download our e-book about finding the right cosmetic dentist!
5014 Roswell Road NE
This post is sponsored by Dr. Debra Gray King, a cosmetic dentist in Atlanta, Georgia.